CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year’s Thank You Card Blog Hop!

Photobucket 


Welcome to my Blog and the New Year’s Thank You Card Blog Hop! If you've come from visiting Shannon at http://www.purplelionpaper.com/blog/, you're in the right place. If you were just looking at my blog and want to play along with our blog hopping fun, you can go to the beginning at http://www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com.  

This blog hop is intended to help you with ideas for Thank You Cards. There are 35 blogs participating in this hop so you are guaranteed to have lots of inspiration.  You are almost done the hop and have only 1 more blog to go after mine. I hope you like my blog and I would LOVE to have new followers!

Since this blog hop is taking place on New Year's Eve, I just HAD to incorporate a little bit of New Years Eve decor and fun!  I wanted to make my card celebratory.  Since we are going to my parents house to ring in the New Year, I decided to make this card for her to thank her for hosting dinner and a party.  



 
Supplies for the Card: 
Black, Red and Blue Cardstock
Cricut Cartridge Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake Art (Thank You sentiment)

Cricut Cartridge Simply Charmed (Hat)
Black Button
Martha Stewart "White Gold" glitter
Xyron



Supplies for the Champagne Glasses:
Plastic Champagne Glasses (I purchased mine at a party supply store)
Cricut Cartridge Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake Art
Recollections Silver Shimmer Cardstock
Adhesive





Champagne Glass How-To:
For those of you who dont know, I love, love, love Martha Stewart. That being said, I cannot claim these champagne glasses as my own!  For the how-to, see Martha's instructions here:  


http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/new-years-for-everyone#slide_15


For my glasses, I used the font from Cricut Cartridge Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake Art and stretched them out for fun.

Supplies for the Pom-Pom:
Black Tissue Paper
String
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold



Pom-Pom's are the perfect party decor for any occassion. I decided to go spray happy and spritz mine with Perfect Pearls...it was such a success. The gold shimmer against the black pom-pom looked marvelous! Once again, the credit goes to Martha Stewart.  The tutorial is up on her website.  Here's the link:  


http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to






Now that we are done the card and project, your VERY LAST BLOG on the hop is Janie over at http://www.typicalscrapbooker.com

I hope you enjoyed my card, champagne glasses and pom-pom decor.  I'd love it if you become a stalker follower of my blog and leave comments!

52 comments:

  1. Can I come to your house for the New Year's Eve Party? Looks like it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome!!....I love all the glitter..very festive and fun!!...thanx for the inspiration...:)

    nicolle@nicollelovesscrapbooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a great job for your party!

    Jessie G
    goodjessie at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glass etching is on my "To do" list for 2011, thank you for sharing. I love the party hat also and haven't made tissue pom-poms in a very long time...great ideas, all of them! Thank you!!

    Beki Ward at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE THIS!!! The card is fabulous, the glasses and the pom poms are the perfect accessory!! One of the best for sure :P Hugs!! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great fun card -HAPPY NEW YEAR millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. So appropriate. Have a great party.
    debbie_craine@hotmail.com
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute party hat. Great idea and i love the numbered glasses :D Great way to keep track of whos glass is whos

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks great! Have a good tim and happy new year! Dina arm197@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice job you did to showcase your talents for the party. I'll be over at about 11'ish?? Oh never mind! But I'd like Glass numbers 5 and 4 please, since 54 has always been my lucky number. However, if you could instead wish for #00030280 ... Pennsylvania lottery Millionaire Lottery Raffle number ... to be drawn that would be just spectacular. If everyone out there in blogland would wish upon a star for that number, I will have a TRULY SPECTACULAR bunch of blog candy to offer up in 2011!!!! C'mon, wish upon a star with me, and have a wonderful New Years Eve!

    Ellen
    Cardmonkey at Comcast dot Net

    ReplyDelete
  11. darling card and have a grand time at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. I loooooooove how you decorated the glasses... super cute.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your card, glasses and blog. I am enjoying this my 2nd blog hop because I get to meet a lot of people that I would not have if it wasn't for the hops. So I am very happy to meet you. I have now become a follower of your blog. Your blog its great, I can't wait to come back and check it out when I get a little more time. Thank so much for participating and if you would like to check out my blog it is: http://deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com. Thank you and have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Card and the Whole package!

    ReplyDelete
  15. card is awesome!!....I love all the glitter..
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your parents are going to love the card and stuff you made for the party.
    Happy New Year!
    reneeleeak at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab!! I love black and silver.
    This has been a great blog hop and I've found so many inspiring crafters to follow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The card is awesome, I love it. You've inspired me to try the pom pom.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of the things you created are beautiful...I really love it.
    kgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
    http://kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a FUN card you've created! And I just discovered your blog on this hop and am now a follower! So nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! This is very elegant! I love your project!
    I am a new follower of your blog
    TFS
    Bonnie C
    http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
    ascrapabove at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those glasses! I don't drink alcohol but I still like champagne glasses and martini glasses. I think there purdy. Happy New Year! acp1981@sbcglobal.net http://amydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing your great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These came out so wonderful! Great Job!

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute projects!
    ~Kim
    http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card and your champagne glasses. I want to try some etching this year. I am a new follower and thanks for sharing. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great project! Amazing! Really, really nice. Very well done. Love the pom-poms amd the card is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am here your stalker I mean follower. And I will be back. Great projects your card is super cute.

    lebpab21408.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute I really love black and silver together it is so elegant. I too am a new stalker(LOL) follower of your blog. Happy New Year to you and your family. blanphear @ yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. A pleasure being your st.... oh no your follower =) Really love your project. The glasses are a really cool idea. Thank you so much for sharing =)

    l.a.nikolaisen at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wondcerful ideas and blog. Happy to become a follower! (djhu98@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very nice ... Doesn't everyone love MARTHA?
    Dawn RI

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your card and all the trimmings Hope yopu had a great time Happy New Year!
    http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great card! I became a follower, but first I scrolled down and looked at your blog for a while - that is why I became a follower :) Such cute projects! Thanks for sharing and happy 2011!

    rdunham@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I loved your card and the rest of your project. Very sparkly! TFS Susan
    shanna13@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great project! Love the party hat!
    ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the ideas even though they are MS I'm sure you added a great personal touches to them. Like the great party idea for the countdown.
    cornerstone(dot)cs@cox(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is awesome!!! TFS! Happy New Year!!! -Sam :-)

    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love it all :D Awesome job!

    Happy New Year!
    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the card & the champagne glasses (I love champagne too!!! It's very cool! Thanks for being in the blog hop! Happy New Year! New follower! www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your whole set up is totally adorable! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Happy New Year!
    Contact Info: incase I get luckey enough to win that amazing blog candy!
    email: arebori0204@gmail.com
    New Blog: www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous projects TFS and Good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, love it. Your projects are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    Mandy
    mjbaker at earthlink dot net

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is not so much a card, but a creation!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great project, your card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Nadia,

    I love all 3 of your creations!!! :) What a great idea to put numbers on the champagne glasses...we are always confusing our glasses, but don't have (wine glass) charms for every occasion.

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo do com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very cute card and decorations!!

    thanks for sharing

    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great project!! Love it:) TFS Happy New Year!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your card - awesome. Your decorations are lovely too. You are very talented. TFS. I'm also a new follower.

    GiGi

    gigiact2 at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  50. Everything looks PERFECT!
    top29gun at Gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love your blog! The card is awesome and I LOVE the glittery bling! I am now a follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think this post explain good knowledge about the Thanks you cards.Thanks

    ReplyDelete