CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Vacation Blog Hop

Welcome to the Vacation Blog Hop hosted by Jessica-Creative Stamper and Fancy with Nancy.  If you came here from Jackie's Blog, then you are in the right place. If you are stalking my blog and want to play and want to play along, you can start by going to Nancy's Blog.

Thinking about a vacation excites me! I need one pretty bad! The one thing I look forward to about vacations is creating new memories. I thought about when I vacation, and how I become a hoarder wherever we go:  I keep tons and tons of momento's such as receipts, coins, postcards, programs, tickets, etc. I wanted to create something that would help me gather my momento's and keep them organized, since most of the time it gets shoved into pockets of my luggage. I also rarely get around to organizing it once I'm home and when I finally do get around it, I can barely remember what was what!

So I created this super handy travel book to take with me on my next vacation.  As each day ends, I can journal and attach all my momento's, then once I get home, all I will need to do is embellish it a little and the task seems so much easier!






Quick video to see the inside details of the travel journal:


Travel Journal Recipe:
Cricut Locker Talk cartridge
Cricut Sentimentals cartridge
Cricut From My Kitchen cartridge
Your Story Photo
Your Story 5x7 metallic covers (cream)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut
Tim Holtz paper stash
Cardstock (cream, kraft, brown)
Recycled plastic (I re-use the plastic wrapping from my cricut cartridges)
Foam squares
Black Jelly Roll pen (for faux stitching)

We are very fortunate to have a sponsor for this hop. Betty from Simply Betty Stamps is offering up these fun stamps! So to qualify for these stamps you have to do the following:


1) If you are not a follower of my blog, please do so.
2) Leave a comment on my blog AND on every blog along the hop.
3) On Monday, 5/23 @ 10 AM CST, Nancy athttp://blog.fancywithnancy.com/ will pick THREE winners and each will receive one of these fun stamps.

Thank you for visiting my blog! Your next stop is Shannon!






Nadia -  www.nadiasbeautifulmess.blogspot.com (YOU ARE HERE)
Shannon - www.purplelionpaper.com/blog (YOUR NEXT STOP!)

28 comments:

  1. Love love love the camera. I always joke with my husband that I can't wait to take my camera on vacation. I love the colors. I am going to have to CASE this :) The details are amazing. Thanks so much for participating!

    Nancy
    blog.fancywithnancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's an awesome travel book. Thanks so much for the tutorial. That book would make a great gift for someone going on vacation. I think I may make one for a friend maybe one for me too : ) Thanks so much for sharing your project.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just a simply fantastic journal! Love the camera you made. The tutorial is just wonderful! great job! new follower too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your mini. The camera is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a fantastic book and idea. keeping on top of things is such a great idea as cuts down all the time when things get left for years !! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book is awesome! I love the stamps and the distressing- you did a great job! I'm already a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very neat book! Thank you so much fro sharing :)
    http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful idea for a journal book .. the camera lens just made me smile! And your video was really great!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nadia, this is so cute! I love the colors you chose and the camera is too cute:-) I am the same way, I love to collect and keep things from a trip to remember it
    Thanks for hopping with us!
    Jessica
    http://thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your book! I am a follower,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful album...Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is really cute... Love the camera... I would love to try to do this.
    TFS
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this Book is awesome! What a great idea to take along on your vacation! Love it!
    lilmunchkin320@sbcglobal.net
    http://allthingscrafty-brandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful job!!!

    New follower!

    www.memorieswithjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Nadia - I LOVE this journal! I am like you, lots of little mementos that end up scattered all over and never make it into a scrapbook! i love this idea. Thanks for the video too - definitely want to try this for my next vacation (whenever that might be).

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is sooo beautiful! I love it!

    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. This momento book is the best. Don't we all just kind of stash things and not know what they are? Love it. TFS and the chance to win. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this album, such a cute idea!! great for vacation photos!!
    gravelprincess@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing! chrisbrown1973@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow ~ what a great journal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love this! I follow as squiggles87.

    xxsquigglesxx(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a nice travel book. I want one for my vacation. I guess I will have to make one. I am a new follower and will be back often to check out your projects.

    Sue
    rolfe974@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nadia, LOVE it, it is amazing. You did an awesome job on it. Thanks for sharing
    'Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Tim Holtz stuff and your travel journal certainly makes great use of it! Thanks for sharing. I am new follower:
    myska
    mwhitmore1(at)comcast(dot)net
    myskablogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love the travel book! It is amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! This is so awesome. I love the vintage appeal. You did such a great job and this looks so professional. I bet you could get this one published! You should send in your video to Tim Holtz! TFS it's gorgeous. I'm a follower and thanks for the chance to win!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. ADORABLE!!! I need to do this!!! I'm just like you in that I collect all my memntos but never get around to doing anything with them! TFS! I need to scraplift this and do it for my next journey!

    ReplyDelete