My nephew turned 2 this past weekend and since he is in love with Cars, that was the theme for his birthday, which worked out perfectly for me since I had purchased this cartridge from Michael's when it was on sale.
As most of you Cricut users know, the Disney cartridges are difficult. The pieces are small and the layers can get confusing. My cars are not perfect, however, my nephew loved it and that is what was most important! For this banner, I decided to create homemade rosette's for an extra layer and these were super fun to make!
Cricut Disney Cars cartridge
Cricut Boys Will Be Boys cartridge (for the font)
My Minds Eye Complete Boy paper stack
Recollections cardstock
Navy Blue satin ribbon
Crop A Dile Big Bite
Rosettes are easily created by scoring pieces of paper at every half an inch using a scor board and then accordion folding it. You can find tutorials on YouTube.
Stay tuned for the rest of my Cricut Cars projects all this week including my very first attempt at the Cricut Cake machine!!!

You did an amazing job.
ReplyDeleteFabulous job on the banner, TFS
ReplyDeleteGreat job! My mom has that cart, I had to show her how to use it, and those lil pieces...oh my word!Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteVeru cool, I'm sure your nephew just loved it!!
ReplyDeleteYour banner is great!!!
ReplyDeleteJazzy