CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easter Eggstravaganza Blog Hop!



Welcome to my Blog and the Easter Eggstravaganza Blog Hop! This blog hop is all about creating something sweet for your Easter celebrations. We hope you find inspirations and plenty of ideas to spice up your holiday :)




I created carrot treat cones to place at all the children's seats for Easter Sunday!



Supplies:
12x12 Orange cardstock
Light and Dark Green tissue paper
Green and White cardstock
Pattern paper
Foam Squares
Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distressing Ink
Cuttlebug (Animal Print Embossing Set)
Stapler
Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors
Cricut Easter 2010 Seasonal Cartridge (for the bunny)
Cricut Mini Monograms (for the cone, scallop and circle)


To create a more "carrot-like" appearance, I embossed the orange cardstock, then rubbed Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade over the embossing to enhance the texture!




To create the Fringe:
1) Accordion fold 1 piece of tissue paper
2) Staple the bottom of the tissue paper (approx. 1/4 from the bottom)
3) Cut the top of the tissue paper (approx. 1/4 inch from the top)
4) Use fringe scissors to cut the top of the tissue to create a "leaf like" look to resemble the carrot top!


To create the Cones:
Using Cricut Mini Monograms cartridge, select a circle and size it to fit the page.
Cut the circle in half and shape into cone, using adhesive to secure.




Once I hit 500 followers, I will be giving away a...


Martha Stewart Crafts Elegant Cake Art Cartridge!!! 




This cartridge can be used with ALL Cricut machines! 


All you have to do is become a follower and comment on this post.  One comment per person please!

I hope you enjoyed my project. Thank you for visiting my blog. Your next stop is my friend Giselle


Here's a list of all blog participants in case you get lost:
Nadia - www.nadiasbeautifulmess.blogspot.com/  (YOU ARE HERE!)
Giselle - www.crossmyheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com/ (next stop!)
Donna - www.
donnasdreamworks.blogspot.com/
Yolonda - 
www.craftyscentiments.blogspot.com/
Jennifer - 
www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
Kim - www.
rickettscricuts.blogspot.com/
Damaris - 
www.latinnydoll.blogspot.com
Melanie - www.
inlovewithabug.blogspot.com/
Jazmin - www.
JazzysCards.blogspot.com/
Monica (Stampin Daisies) - 
www.stampindaisies.com
Gabriela - 
www.sheinksalot.blogspot.com/
Kacee - www.
youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com/
Darla - 
www.stampingunderdoctorsorders.blogspot.com
Amber - www.
pixiperfectcreations.blogspot.com/
Sylvia - w
ww.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
Monica F- www.
simplycricutting.blogspot.com/
Rebecca - 
www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
Carrie - www.
paperglitterstamps.blogspot.com/
Patricia - www.
creativediva98.blogspot.com/




54 comments:

  1. These carrots are to stinkin cute. I just love them.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea. We are having an Easter dinner at my MIL's house it would be cute to make these that day. Thanks for sharing. Have a Blessed Easter.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little carrots. TFS

    Karen C

    http://emptynestboutique.blogspot.com
    emptynestboutique at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such a great Idea its a pity my children are all gtown up.
    www.shelleysland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower. I'm glad I found you.
    mrs_to_you@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! I love how you embossed and used the distressing ink and fringe scissors to make this project so realistic!

    :) Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is ridiculously cute!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I love the embossing on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nadia, This is so ADORABLE! You did a great job on these, the kids are going to love them!
    Jessica
    thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower love the project so cute!!
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow these are super cute, great Easter project. Thank you for sharing and for a chance to win :-)

    Shelley
    lostnwa98 at frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your carrots are so cute, the kids will love them.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are awesome! I love how you made the carrot top fringe and the embossing!!

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them! I am so making these for our Easter party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nadia,
    I love that you added that extra lil detail of embossing. Great job!!

    Jazzy
    MsPoet2Be@gmail.com
    www.JazzysCards.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These Carrot cones are super adorable! What a fabulous idea!! Congrats on getting so many followers (I am one of them)! I love the texture you put on the carrot. Brilliant idea!! Thanks!

    cherie.goyer at gmail.com
    http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Nadia this is so cute.

    http://pixiperfectcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. GREAT idea! Your carrots are too cute and I know the kids will LOVE them!
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my cuteness. Love the carrot treat bags, Great job. I do follow your blog and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute are these carrots? Good luck on the 500 followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are so cute love the texture on ur Carrots
    hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awe, so cute! Wonderful idea too! TFS! I am passing on the Stylish blogger award to you! You can pick it up on my blog :)
    Jenn
    www.craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the carrot cones Nadia. Just got in from fishing so I am just starting the hop. Great beginning. These could easily be ajusted to make birthday treats etc. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Soooo cute!! What an awesome idea!!! They will love them!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance to win!

    scrappingwithstephanie@gmail.com

    scrappingwithstephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. CARROTS!!!! I love it!! So cute. Thanks for letting me join my first blog hop. This is so fun!!

    x0, Damaris

    www.latinnydoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your project. its so cute!



    mommyscraftycreations@gmail.com
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent idea!
    Congratulations!
    I'm following !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cuteful I might just need to make a few of these. Thanks for sharing http://abunchofscraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute!! Love the carrots. Might have to make some for my kids.
    I am a follower.
    S.solorio88@gmail.com
    Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
    Ps. Thanks for letting me join your blog hop, it was my first one :)
    Hopefully not my last

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cute project for your hop! Easter is coming so soon... I need to get busy crafting! Thanks for the hop! I have been a happy follower for awhile. pjritsema at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great idea. Super cute carrots.
    Thanks for having me in your hop. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your project, very cute idea TFS
    http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. These carrots are adorable! What a great idea! I just love everything about them. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So creative! I want to make these now!:)

    Kaitlin
    angel1694@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sooo cute! Love the embossing & the fringe. Thanks for hosting the hop!
    Www.craftycardgallery@gmail.com
    Craftycardgallery at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Adorable carrots! I may need to get myself those fringe scissors! I am a new follower. Thanks for hosting this hop and for the chance to win such a great cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute.
    Shawnee
    http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. So cute:) Thanks for sharing...I am a new follower. Would love for you to hop over to my bog and follow too!! Can't wait to see more of your creations.
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are super cute. Glad I found your blog!
    jrredrose21 at yahoo dot com
    http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the carrot! Thanks for sharing!

    forpahl5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is amazing Nadia! Thank you for having me be part of your hop again!

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98@gmail.com
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love those carrots with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are so cute. I like the embossing on the carrot. (thanks for the tip) Hope you have a blessed Easter.

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. I rally like your cute carrot idea. I am a new follower too!
    mbchoj at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. such cute treat bags! I especially like the embossing to make them look more real. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very cute carrot treat bags! I am already a follower and was a fellow hop participant. Thanks for letting me be a part of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. super cute treat bags for Easter, love the embossing TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those treat carrots are so adorable! I love them.

    iluvkatie74
    at yahoo
    dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  49. oh my gosh! that looks great! love the embossing-
    kacee
    mcvicwif@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Cute, cute, cute! Love your carrot cones! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the treat carrots they are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  52. lovely!!! I just love these treats!!! :) Thanks for co-hosting my friend! x0x0

    ReplyDelete