CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mother's Day Blog Hop


Welcome to the Mother's Day Blog Hop and to my blog! This hop is all about Mother’s Day and a challenge to create anything, but no flowers allowed!

If you have come from Amanda's blog, you are in the right place. If you stumbled upon my blog and want to play along, you can do so by starting at Giselle’s Blog. This hop is a short and sweet one, but full of talented ladies and wonderful inspiration {and giveaways, too}!
I made a Mother's Day card and used butterflies as my inspiration.  


Supplies:
Cricut Paper Lace cartridge (Butterfly overlay and shadow cut @ 5")
Cricut Martha Stewart All Ocassions Cake Art cartridge (Butterfly border cut @ 1.5" on inside of card)
My Mind's Eye "Garden Vignette" paper
White and Black Shimmer Cardstock (Card base is 5.5 x 5.5)
Black Satin Ribbon
Recollections Pearls and Embellishments
Martha Stewart Embossing Powder
Versamark Watermark Ink
ColorBox Chalk Ink
My Creative Time stamps


Close up of some of the details on the card. The pattern paper has script running through it.  I placed pearls in the middle of the butterflies.


I embossed this imagine using Versamark Watermark ink, then embossing with Martha Stewart embossing powder. 


Inside card detail:



Lastly, I'm giving a cartridge once I hit 500 followers.  For a chance to win this cartridge, please follow my blog and comment on this post. One comment per person, per post please!

39 comments:

  1. Wow! This card is just soooo pretty! I'm so happy to be in this hop with you!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
    lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! The black and white is so very elegant!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card. Nice Work!
    rmw58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love the elegant black and white! New follower here! :)

    Maquel
    mderosby@gmail.com
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and elegant card! TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Black and cream is so elegent and I love the lace paper! Thanks for letting me participate in this hop with you!

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful!
    mbchoj at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am your newest follower! Your card is beautiful and elegant! I adore it! Thank you so much for the inspiration and the chance to win!
    ScrappyScavenger@yahoo
    ScrappyScavenger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card,i am a follower! joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nadia, this is so pretty. Love your project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this card is beyond gorgeous! I love the black and white and of course the butterflies! :)
    TFS I am a new follower.
    Kimberly
    Usafwifey20 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous! I love how elegant it is. :)

    Thanks for asking me to be on the hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the black and white. Thanks for letting me join you in this blog hop!
    Would love to win the cartridge, its on my wish list
    Sylvia
    Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS!!! Love how elegant it is!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY!!! I must have that cart now!!! That is amazing I love it!!!
    Jackie
    jmpresearch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful :)

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card!! I LOVE the pearl accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow your card is so pretty. I love the butterlies.

    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is absolutely beautiful!!! I forget to use my paper lace cart :( You have inspired me to get it out and make some amazing projects. My Mom would love to get your card!!! (can I send you her address?????!!!!) hee hee
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    gaudet5 at rogers dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! My fingers are still crossed for that cart! ;) ha ha! Have a great Easter!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is fabulous, I love the butterfly overlay. I am a new follower and look forward to your new creations.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou
    endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really beautiful card. Love the butterflies.

    Pixiperfectcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors you chose and the pearls are a nice touch. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an elegant card. Black and white is so beautiful! I'm a follower and am excited to see all your creativity. XOXO
    supermom3x@qwest.net
    Here is my blog is your want to check it out.
    http://scrapnthrutime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful card! I really love the detail on the card. Thank you also Nadia for allowing me to be part of your hop. As always, it's fun.

    HUgs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty Black & White Card! I am a follower already! Gook Luck on the 500 followers!
    Michelle
    ScrapbookingSOS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for the chance to win.. love your work!

    sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
    sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nadia,
    Thanks you so much for letting me participate in your blog hop. You and Giselle have inspired me with your wonderful blog hops that I have decided to host one myself. I will be having a Disney blog hop in a few weeks and I would love it if you would be part of the group.
    Please email if you can join the hop.
    Sylvia
    Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
    Happy Easter!
    S.solorio88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Nadia! i love black and white together though i never would have thought of it for Mother's Day - love this!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very elegant and pretty card!
    lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card! Love all the details!

    ~Ashley
    Lasting Memories Design Team
    proudusmcwife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely stunning card! I love the butterfly overlay and the black and white theme! Beautiful :)

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your card and the chance to win the cart. Thanks so much
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very pretty, I love the paper lace.
    Kathy
    Katsews at gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very elegant card! TFS!

    April
    nginerd at gmail dot com
    http://ajoy2scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very elegant card, love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card! I love black and white combos! Your getting close to 500! That is so awesome! I would love to win this cartridge...I have been trying to find the Martha Stewart ones around here... :)
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com
    sospoileditscute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. beautiful card, I'm loving the color theme :) It;s funny, a bunch of us decided to go with butterflies lol :)

    ReplyDelete