CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ballet Recital Handmade Gift #3 Jewellery Box

Next up for my homemade gifts is this super cute handmade jewellery box. I purchased hair clips and bracelet accessories as part of my niece’s “Congratulations on Your First Recital” gift set, but really wanted to make a cute presentation for the set.  This box can be used over and over again to store the jewellery since there is a flap that opens and closes. No need to tear the box open. In the front of the box, I used recycled plastic to place over the open window so that nothing would fall out of the box. And I secured the bracelet and hair clips by adding a piece of tape to the inside back of the box, that way it doesn’t move around and stays exactly where I placed it. Looks much neater this way!
The gift box is from Cricut Wild Cards cartridge and it's a frequently used cut in my craft room! I love this box. Make sure you have a Scor Board handy because this box has loads of scor marks.
*My favourite plastic to re-use for these kinds of projects are the Cricut cartridge plastic containers. I open them with a scissors along the seam and store them in my stash*
I went with the same cardstock I used for the cards I made my niece so that all the colours would tie in together. 
When assembling this gift box and when using plastic, I recommend using Terrifically Tacky Tape by Provo Craft. The bond is amazing!  A strong hold is needed and this stuff does the job perfectly.



Supplies:
Cricut Wild Card cartridge (for the gift box)
Scrappy Mom Stamps - Happily Ever After
Recycled Plastic (my favourite plastic to re-use is the Cricut cartridge plastic!)
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Colorbox Chalk Ink
Martha Stewart Scor Board



4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I'm bet your niece will love them!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that box and NEVER knew it was on Wild Card cart!!! Thanks for the tip!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so sweet! Wish my daughters had an aunt like you! My 3 yr old is in ballet and just loves it!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete