Do you {heart} your I-Rock as much as I do? It's one of my most frequently used crafty tools. I've tried looking up videos, tutorials and any kind of info on the internet and the information that I was looking for did not yield the results I was looking for. So I just did my own experimenting and research and want to share it all with you. When I couldn't find any info on it, I figure this has to be helpful to some people!
You are not limited to using i-Rock crystals by Imaginisce with your I-Rock tool . Here are some of your options with pro's and con's:
Tulip: Tulip is a brand that is used mostly for fabrics such as t-shirts, bags., etc. But this brand puts glue on the back of their crystals too. And that means it can be used with paper! I found Tulip gems at Michaels and Wal-mart.
Pro: A wide variety of colours that Imaginisce does not have.
Con: The case only comes with 300 crystals whereas Imaginisce comes with 800 crystals and they both cost the same price. I managed to pick up a couple of packages of purple gems only for $3.00 on sale at Wal-mart. I've only seen one size of gems whereas Imaginisce and Jolee's have various sizes.
Jolee's Swarovski Crystals: Must say "Hot Fix" on the package, otherwise there will be no glue, and without glue, there is no possible way to have affix these jewels with your i-Rock tool.
Pro: These gems shine and sparkle like no other! Plus there is a wide variety of colours and sizes.
Con: These crystals are expensive. I suggest stocking up on these when they go on sale and using them for your very best projects. I would not use them for everyday cards.
For more info, watch my video below!

Hi, I just won an I-rock, in fact I haven't even received it as yet. Your info was very helpful and I appreciate it very much. Thanks
ReplyDeleteBabe
I saw the Tulip ones at Joann's and wondered if they would work. I am very limited on my Imaginisce products where I live. I didn't buy them, but now I know they work, it will be a great back up if I need a certain color, and I run out! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeletehttp://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com
I too tried to do some research! I'm so glad you posted these tips and video :)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Tiffany
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/
OK, now I NEED to get those {hearts}!!!
ReplyDeletecraftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com
Great review!!! I <3 my I-rock gems I don't have the I-rock tool, but have the tulip one. I did a review of the stencils on my blog a few days ago if you want to check it out http://www.SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your review. I just bought a bunch of the I-rock gems last week and love them.
TFS! :-)
-Sam :-)
SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com
I am in total agreement with you. I love the way the SC sparkle and shine.
ReplyDelete